Built around a passion to create a space where families can enjoy an active lifestyle, kids play outdoors and parents relax over a lazy lunch, Sugar Rush Park in Ballito is a must-visit destination on your holiday bucket list.
Set in the rolling, green, sugar cane hills iconic to the North Coast, Sugar Rush Park is only a five-minute drive outside of Ballito. Whether you just have a quick gap in the day or want to spend the day, there are enough activities to keep you entertained. This is a place where children take time out from screens and indulge in healthy playing – and parents are guaranteed not to hear the dreaded “I’m bored” phrase during this trip.
Which activity are you going to try first?
1. The Kids Play Zone Playground is a safe and ultra-fun hangout for kids of all ages to ride their scooters, jump on the zipline, play on the exciting jungle gyms and just go wild! Moms, this is your opportunity to sit down, have a breather and enjoy a cuppa from The Digs Kitchen in peace while you watch your children play or get a take-away and relax in the shade at the special toddler zone.
2. All aboard The Sugar Rush Express for an adventure on the choo-choo train! This miniature train was specially designed to take little ones on a thrilling, round-about journey. Next stop – tractor rides! Pretend to be a farmer and hop onto the tractor for a cool ride.
3. Little golfers in the making will have an absolute blast with dad (and mom) at the epic Sugar Rush Putt Putt adventure course! The full 18-hole course features, fountains, waterfalls, island greens, ramps and tunnels. Make it an afternoon or evening family date and enjoy the beach themed layout where kids can paddle in the pools after their ball while parents relax by the rock pools.
4. Put on your helmets and experience mountain-biking at its best at the Kids Mountain Bike Track and Holla Trails. The specially designed kids track boasts a 1km network of seemingly never-ending winding trail, weaving through old buildings, through the trees, around or over obstacles and returning back to the start where they no doubt will want to do it all over again, and again. And, for a bit of variety, they can always hit the pump track too! It is great for exercise, good for concentration and learning which will help them to navigate a single track when they are ready to hit the bigger trails with the older kids and parents at Holla Trails. Visit the Single Track Minded shop for expert mountain biking advice, coaching, tours and all the gear to get you and your little ones going. Holla has a network of 340km of trails to enjoy, whether you’re a hard core racing snake looking for a tough 6 hour ride or just out for a walk in the country, choose your adventure at Holla Trails. We have something for everyone.
5. See you at The Jump Park for jolly jumping and endless excitement in the 700sqm facility covered with wall-to-wall trampolines! The trampoline park is perfect for families and thrill seekers thanks to their safe, padded obstacles and variety of different trampoline experiences catering for all ages.
6. Get your heartbeat up with the free, Saturday morning, social, 5km trail-running style Parkrun followed by a wholesome brekkie and coffee at The Digs Kitchen – which now has a new look and a refreshed, even more delicious menu.
7. Meet the creepy crawlies at the Ndlondlo Reptile Park where black mambas, pythons and scorpions live. Catch one of their daily shows and learn about these scaly creatures. The very brave might even get a chance to hold a tarantula or a snake. If you prefer fluffier friends, pop over to the Feathers and Furballs Petting Zoo for a cuddle with the bunnies and more.
8. Get your slime on at Unicorn Slime by Skyler and sign up for the slime workshops over the holidays.
9. Gather your friends or family and try out the ultimate adrenaline rush with Laser Rush. Set in an outdoor arena. filled with broken down buildings, rustic obstacles, trees and plenty of peepholes for sneaky snipers, you are bound to have a blast with your 98 custom Tippmann Laser Tag guns. Or play Robin Hood at Rushing Arrows – an exhilarating game of archery tag.
While the kids are entertained, moms can unwind and spoil themselves with a heavenly mani & pedi or indulge in a relaxing massage at TUWA Beauty Bar and treat their hair to an organic makeover at Tallulah Organic Hair Studio. Or go do some shopping at Bon Appetit – a beautiful home industries shop filled with homey, baked goods and other delicacies.
Remember to go for a stroll to the incredible Garden Décor Zone, where you will find tons of gardening inspiration and a massive range of pots and garden décor to give your green space at home a new, stylish look just in time for the festive season visitors.
Family date time:
8, 15 & 22 December – The perfect opportunity to tick off that Christmas shopping list while stocking up on local crafts, indulging in delicious treats and keeping the kids entertained at the Ballito Artisan Craft Market at Sugar Rush Park.
Entrance is free. Time: 8.30am – 2.30pm.
15 Dec – 1 Jan – Sugar Rush Park is teaming up with Magic Lighting to create an exciting, wonderland experience for the whole family with the Valley of Lights. Sugar Rush Park will be wrapped up and decorated with some of the most exciting Christmas lighting fixtures.
A wide range of South African bespoke food and drinks will be available, kids can take photos with Santa and interact with Santa’s Elf, play night-time putt-putt, go on the forest walk, have fun in the kids play zone, go to the jump park and enjoy the activity corners. Live entertainment for adults will make sure mom and dad can relax too.
Tickets: Early Bird Special to 29 November at 17h00 – R50; Normal Price From 29 November at 17h00 – R60 and R70 at the gate. Children 2 years and under admitted free. Tickets can be purchased at Computicket. Valley of Lights will be CLOSED on 24, 25, 26 and 31st Dec. Times: 6pm – 9.30pm.
For more info, visit www.sugarrush.co.za or Facebook – Sugar Rush Park or Instagram @sugarrushkzn