DIY lovers, what exciting times – hardware stores are open and we cannot wait to get our long-awaited DIY projects going! Let’s start with something easy that will make a real statement…wall art! We all have that one, boring wall in our home that just needs a serious spruce up…and we have found the perfect way to turn drab into fab! Our friends at BBS Mica Ballito have taught us how to create a beautiful scalloped wall that will give any space a light, fresh and stylish touch…and it’s super easy and affordable to make!
What you will need:
- Thin tipped paint marker in a colour of your choice
- Cardboard (Big enough for a stencil)
- Double-sided tape
- Scissors or craft knife
- 6mm thick Plywood panels (enough to cover wall area)
- Draw out your scallop stencil on the cardboard.
- Cut your stencil out of the cardboard using your scissors or craft knife.
- Plan out your scallops on the wall using a pencil and your stencil, making slight marks. Draw it out until you are satisfied. Make (mark?) double levels as in the image.
- Once you are happy repeat the process using your paint marker.
- Leave to dry.
- While waiting for your paint marker drawings to dry cut your plywood.
- Using your stencil, mark out the shape on your plywood.
- Clamp together 4 sheets and cut in one session along the stencil area using the jigsaw.
- Cut all your scallops before you continue.
- Once all your scallops are cut and your paint marker is dry, cut a 5cm piece of double-sided tape and apply one side to the plywood scallop and place in the desired area, fitting into the stenciled out area.
- Repeat until done.