Flowers and foliage (whether you choose to go big and bold or natural and understated) are an incredibly important element of a wedding. They add colour and texture and help set the mood of your day . . . whatever you wish it to be.
The flowers you choose for your wedding can be as diverse and unique as you are. We asked highly-skilled floral designer and owner of Love Laugh, Cindy Rynhoud, to share some trends for the 2022/2023 wedding season:
1. Although the pandemic has settled somewhat, it seems like low-key weddings are still on trend. More and more weddings are taking on a ‘café’ or cocktail style feel, and the flowers chosen reflect this.
2. That said, a lot of people are also hosting wedding weekends. They usually have less guests, but the weddings are still gorgeous and they last more than just one evening.
3. Sustainable weddings are becoming very popular. This sees couples choosing locally-produced florals and foliage.
4. Colour palettes this autumn are bold and jewel tones, while winter will see more terracotta and rusts (boho weddings are here to stay for a little while, which means piles of dry florals, Pampas and natural grasses). The spring/summer season will feature lots of moss, blush, powder blue and rose.
5. Monochromatic will never date and there is so much that can be done when you are playing around with many tones of the same colour – think champagne, blush, rose and ivory!
6. Greenery textures and tones will also always be on trend, working with colours like sage, emerald, and olive green. Add a little grey, black and white for a more ‘drama’!