Laundry – it’s a never ending cycle of dirty clothes, stains and missing socks. Take the mission out of your washing regime by trying these five laundry hacks from Personal Touch to help you get on top of your washing basket.
- Fight grease with chalk: Chalk is very absorbent and rubbing a bit on an oily kitchen cloth can eliminate the grease. Once you have rubbed it on the relevant spot, leave it to absorb the oil before brushing it off. If a little oil remains, rub it again before washing.
- No more missing socks: We all have piles of single socks in our clothing cupboard that we hold onto with the hope that the partner socks will magically return. Avoid the unexplained disappearing sock trick by placing all socks in a mesh laundry bag before putting them into the washing machine. They will be cleaned and, more importantly, kept together.
- Invest in hardworking products: There is nothing more frustrating than going through the whole washing, handing, drying process only to realise that your shirt is still stained. Try: Personal Touch Washing Powder Sheets. They’re environmentally friendly and space saving, as the 90g box of 18 sheets are as hard working as a 2kg bag of washing powder.
- Ice those creases: Use ice cubes to uncrease your clothes. Simply add a cube or two ice into the tumble dryer with the clothes and switch on the machine. The steam from the ice will do the ironing for you.
- Freshen up your gym gear: Banish sweat stains and sweaty smells by soaking your clothes in a half a cup of vinegar mixed with cold water for at least an hour before putting them into the wash. The vinegar will help break down the sweat stains and remove any unpleasant odours.