How many times do people embark on unrealistic challenges that require them to eat only dry chicken breasts and broccoli for three months, only to have all the weight return as soon as they resume normal eating. The team at Body 20 Ballito suggest rather making small, manageable changes to your diet. It might take a little longer to lose the weight, but at least it will stay off.
Here are a few small changes you can make, starting right now:
– Cut out carbs after 3pm, or even completely, during the week.
– Find an affordable sugar free chocolate to replace the high calorie variety (Diablo from Spar is delicious).
– Intermittent fasting works for many people and really benefits those who don’t have the time to prepack healthy meals for during the day.
– Drink a large glass of water before every meal, halve your portions, eat slowly and wait at least 30 minutes before thinking about having seconds.
– If you can’t give up your evening glass of wine then make sure it’s packed full of ice and, if you prefer spirits, use a sugar free mixer or even better, switch to whiskey and water.
– Have a low carb protein shake after your workouts to curb the hunger that usually follows strenuous exercise.
– Consult a qualified dietitian to identify a realistic eating plan.
As important, is embarking on a fitness programme that suits you and your lifestyle. For many, the challenge lies in finding the time to exercise. A great option to consider is electro-muscular stimulation (EMS). The Body 20 gurus tell us this form of training is used in a number of top fitness studios as it can save up to 80 percent of the time normally required to achieve the same results when following a conventional programme. EMS is the stimulation of muscles with light, painless, electric impulses which cause an involuntary contraction identical to those that are normally triggered by traditional exercising, such as lifting weights. They say that a 20-minute EMS session is equivalent to six hours spent in a conventional gym.
Details: Body20 Ballito, Ballito Junction Regional Mall / [email protected] / 032 586 1011 / 084 620 4444