Last year we launched our Canon Snapshot of the Neighbourhood competition … it was so hugely popular, we’re doing it again.
What’s it all about? It’s your opportunity to capture what’s best about the people and places where we live. Your chance to show off our neighbours and the hood … the streets, the parks, the restaurants, whatever you think best captures the mood of the area we call home. Plus, you’ll not only have the chance to win fabulous Canon cameras, but also to have your work published in your local Get It magazine. What are you waiting for? Get out your camera, get snapping and you show off your skills and your neighbourhood.
Look what you can win…
Our overall winner from the six participating Get It magazines will win a Canon EOS M6 plus 18-150mm lens kit, valued at R13 999. Each of the five runner-up winners will receive a Canon SX540 worth R3999.
Each of the winners will have their creative entries featured in Get It. We’ll feature the winners, their photos and a little about what they love in their neighbourhoods. Oh the fame!
Five easy steps to enter
• Take a photo which captures what you love best about your neighbourhood.
• Email the photo to [email protected], with GET IT DURBAN in the subject line.
• You’ll need to add the following information: Your full name, your daytime telephone number and email address, the name of the suburb in which you live.
• Include a 100 word-or-less description of the photo and why you feel it captures your neighbourhood.
• Make sure your entry reaches us by 31 August, when the competition closes.
All entries received will be eligible for publication in Get It, Caxton Local Newspapers and social media platforms of our choice. The winners will need to sign acknowledgement that the photographs they have submitted are their property. For full rules and more prize details, visit www.getitonline/durban.co.za. No professional photographers allowed to enter.
We’ll be featuring entries on Facebook (Get It National Magazines & Get It Durban) and Instagram (Get It National Magazine & Get It Durban Magazine) … look out for your photos and share with your friends