Valentine’s Day is closing in, and we’ve ditched the chocolates and hearts for gifts that are a little more practical… for the home-maker, the wine connoisseur, the foodie as well as the one who truly appreciates self care.
Your minimalist lifestyle store, Baskiti, offers locally designed premium products for your home and lifestyle. The perfect gifts for him and her! With their Hanging Storage Basket at the helm of their range, they have now expanded to include an array of additional products that lives up to their design philosophy of being both beautiful and functional.
- Hanging Storage Basket with JHook and Liner // from R399
- Wine cooler with waterproof liner to keep your wine cool and your counter space cleared. The modern day wine bucket. // From R350
- Ceiling and wall Planters with sand canvas bucket liner, and JHook // from R385
- Napkin rings for the perfect table setting // R250 for a set of 6
- Personalised leather clutch with gold foiling initials // R420
- Toiletry bag with personalised initials or name // R720
- Leather Braai bag with personalised message or name // R2,500
From The Cotton Company, this Unisex Halva Handwoven Robe: Truly luxurious and soft, this robe is hand-loomed from a cotton and linen blend. Floaty and lightweight with wide kimono style sleeves, deep pockets and a long belt. Great to throw over on in the morning while enjoying your cup of coffee, pack into your bag for a coverup on the beach or worn over jeans when you pop out of the house. Generous cut for comfort – the robes are available in medium and large. RSP: R1180
Unisex Zarif Handwoven Robe: This robe has a timeless and luxurious soft feel, perfect for all seasons. Tailored for comfort with wide kimono style sleeves, deep pockets and a long belt. Use as a coverup post shower or swim or a comfortable and stylish kimono style robe as daywear. Generous cut for comfort the robes are available in small, medium and large. RSP: R1180
Valentine’s Day Wine and Food Pairing Dinner at wine bar and restaurant,Wijn at L’Huguenot, situated on Val de Vie Estate. Wijn is the Ultimate Wine and Food Destination in the Winelands, where you can discover, taste and enjoy a curated selection of South Africa’s best boutique wines paired with a seasonal menu straight from the Val de Vie Wellness Farm and local producers. An absolute spoil any day of the week!
You can expect Patagonia squid stuffed with sushi rice, squid ink, kewpi mayo, crispy tentacles, coriander & teriyaki pearls with pickled ginger, radish, crispy wonton and bonito flakes. As well as, Smoked duck breast, broccoli, black pepper dressing, basil pesto plum tomatoes, roasted butternut, yellow pepper coulis, nasturtium, wild chive & parsley oil. Each dish is paired with an exclusive, boutique wine from Wijn’s wine dispensers. R650 per person. Bookings are vital [email protected] or via Dineplan: https://www.dineplan.com/restaurants/wijn-at-lhuguenot
Founded and led by Dr. Stephan Helary – with a Ph.D in Nutritional Ecology, Terres d’ Afrique is a Natural and Ethica skin and body care range, offering Gifts from Nature. Herethey capture the unique power of rare African botanicals in science-driven, organic formulas that balance the skin and nourish the senses.
This Valentine’s Day treat that someone special with one of the following body care products:
- Myrrh Body Scrub // With Coconut Shell, Rooibos Leaves & Baobab Oil
- Sugar, coconut shell and rooibos flakes have been blended in a specific ratio for optimum exfoliation. Scented with natural sweet myrrh, this scrub sloughs away dead cells leaving the skin soft and refreshed. Suitable for all skin types. RSP: R 1,034.50
- Omumbiri Body Butter // With Jojoba Oil, Mafura & Kigeli.
- A luxurious, rich body butter fragranced with exotic omumbiri. This non-greasy formulation rejuvenates, moisturises and softens skin. Suitable for all skin types. RSP: R 1,080.82
- Afrique Aroma Body Oil: Fynbos Crush
- Terres d’Afrique has created five aromatic blends inspired by distinctive African biomes and evoking their characteristic scents. Their aromatherapy blends are made of pure African essential oils. Our carrier oil blend is made of marula, kalahari melon and manketti oils. Three African oils rich in essential fatty acids (omegas 3, 6 and 9), which help restructure and regenerate the deeper layers of the skin and restore its natural lipid barrier, leaving your skin feels supple and soft to the touch. Suitable for all skin types. Using South Africa’s most famous indigenous health tonic; Buchu, combined with Madagascan Black and Pink Peppers, this blend will activate circulation and detoxify your body. RSP: R 1,003.62
Lulu & Marula is an all-natural, ethically produced skincare brand based in Cape Town. A collection of face and body care products, Lulu & Marula creates conscious, scientifically formulated skin care that works with skin to balance and boost its natural processes. Lulu & Marula believes that caring for our skin is a much-needed daily ritual, for our minds as much as our bodies. And that simplicity is where it’s at. Endorsed by the Beauty Without Cruelty association, Lulu & Marula products are not tested on animals and ingredients are all of natural origin.
Calming Bath & Body Kit
This bath and body duo is crammed with floral ingredients like neroli, geranium and ylang ylang that will transport your mind to an exotic seaside paradise.
Contains a seriously moisturising body balm that indulges your skin and leaves you feeling fabulously relaxed, and a comforting bath oil that scents the room to melt away stress and inspire positivity. Both products come in handy travel sizes of 50ml each.RSP: R435