You will need:
* One tablespoon olive oil.
* One onion, finely chopped.
* One carrot, peeled, finely chopped.
* Two garlic cloves, crushed.
* 500g beef mince.
* Two tablespoons tomato paste.
* 680ml tomato pasta sauce.
* 500ml beef stock.
* Two and a half teaspoons dried marjoram leaves.
* 400g Penne pasta.
* 100g baby spinach.
* Shaved parmesan, to serve.
What to do:
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and garlic for five minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Increase heat to high. Stir in the mince for five minutes or until browned.
Add the tomato paste, pasta sauce, stock and marjoram. Bring to the boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente and stock has absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the spinach and stir until it just wilts. Serve with parmesan.