After a long day at the office, does your canine companion come racing to meet you at the door?
For some dog owners they may even be greeted with howls of delight as their four-legged friend regales them with tales of what happened during the day.
With lockdown in full effect, many people will be working from the comfort of their own homes, which means they will have the opportunity to spend more time with their pets.
If you are not sure how to keep your faithful companion occupied over the next few weeks, here are some tips to keep in mind:
• Pamper your pet. Dogs love attention so make sure you give them plenty of cuddles. You can also get out the brush and give them a good grooming.
• Take them for a walk. Unfortunately a walk around the neighbourhood is out of the question, but if you have the space, you can still take them for a stroll around the garden.
• Play games. If the weather is fine, you can spend time outside playing fetch.
• Play hide and seek. Hide one of their favourite treats somewhere around the house or garden and let them search for it.
• Keep them close. If you are planning on doing some binge watching, let them get comfortable on the floor beside you. They might not be interested in what is happening on the screen, but they’ll be glad just to be in your company and know you are there.