The season is changing and there are many gardening tasks to be done to ensure a colourful winter and spring garden.
Lifting and dividing, sowing and planting and cleaning and feeding should keep you busy during the month of April.
If you are not sure what you can do around the garden this month, here are some tips to help you.
• Plant primulas to brighten shady areas, pansies and violas in sunny beds, containers and hanging baskets. Poppies look beautiful among the roses.
• Daffodils, freesia, ranunculus and indigenous spring bulbs are best planted after Easter.
• Scatter sow Namaqualand daisies wherever you want a splash of colour.
• Water once a week.
• Fertilise the lawn, perennials, roses and shrubs for the last time before winter and water well afterwards.
• Plant up your winter veggie garden, sow broad beans, beetroot, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, lettuce, peas, spinach and Swiss chard.