Home-made vegetable soup
- Sauté the onion, leek and carrots in the margarine for 5 minutes
- Add the water, KNORR Vegetable Stock pot and the potatoes
- Bring to boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer until vegetables are tender
- Puree by pressing through a sieve or using a hand blender or potato masher
- Season (to taste) with salt and pepper
- Stir in a little cream and garnish with parsley before serving
Butternut & yoghurt soup:
- Advertisement -
- Melt margarine in a deep pot then add the onion and garlic and fry until tender
- Add the cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and aroma then add the cubed butternut, water and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the butternut is tender
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender until smooth then stir in the yoghurt and season (to taste)
- Tip – for a richer, creamier taste use cream instead of yoghurt. There is no need to chop your vegetables perfectly as they will all be blended up at the end so a rough chop is fine!
Roasts chicken soup
- Melt margarine in a pot and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the carrots, celery and potatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes without colouring and stir frequently.
- Add the parsley, water, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and shredded chicken and allow to simmer until the veggies are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Using a hand blender blend to preferred thickness – for a chunky soup give it a quick whizz. For a smoother mouth feel blend well.
- Tip – don’t spend too much time chopping and dicing the veggies perfectly as you are going to blend the soup at the end!
Recipes courtesy of www.knorrwhatsfordinner.co.za