This nachos salad in a jar is a great lunch recipe for any day of the week.
Nachos salad jar (Makes 2 large jars)
- 1 large ripe avocado, deseeded
- 4 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- Nachos chips to serve
- Advertisement -
- Place a tablespoon of salsa in the bottom of each jar, and top with guacamole.
- Divide the vegetables between the two jars, layering first the carrots, sweetcorn, black beans, red pepper, onion, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Roughly chop the avocado, and mix with half the coriander, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place spoonfuls of avocado on the top, and squeeze over the lime juice. Garnish with extra coriander and serve with nachos and extra salsa.
* Recipe: www.avocado.co.za