We love these easy to make avo tacos.
Green avo sauce, mega veggies and avo on hard shell taco with charred pineapple, pickled red onion and pico de gallo:
Ingredients for the Green Avo Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 bunch/30g fresh coriander
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ⅓ cup avo oil (or olive oil)
- ⅓ cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of sea salt
Method for the Green Avo Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine, allow to mix until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a small bowl and cover with a film of plastic wrap, pressing it gently into the top, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Ingredients for the Tacos
- 1 pineapple, diced and charred on a grill pan
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Shredded cabbage
- Grated carrot
- Shredded lettuce
- 12 tortillas, toasted
- Lime wedges and fresh coriander to serve
- Lay out the tortillas and top with the veggies.
- Serve drizzled with green avo sauce and garnish with lime wedges and extra coriander.
* Recipe courtesy of www.avocado.co.za