We love avo and we are absolutely obsessed with these three guacamole recipes …
Spicy corn, black bean and chipotle guacamole
• 3 large ripe avocados
• ½ red onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped (optional)
• 1 teaspoon chipotle paste (optional) • ½ can sweet corn, drained
• ½ can black beans, drained and rinsed
• Juice and zest of 1 lime
• Pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Peel and roughly chop the avocados, add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
2. Serve immediately.
• 2 large ripe avocados
• 1 large ripe tomato, deseeded & diced
• ½ red onion, finely chopped • 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
• 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
• Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. Peel and roughly chop the avocado, mix with the remaining ingredients, serve with a big squeeze of lemon and season with salt and black pepper.
Pomegranate and lime guacamole
• 3 ripe avocados
• 2 limes, juice and zest
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Peel and roughly chop the avocado, mix with the remaining ingredients, reserving half the pomegranate seeds for garnish.
* Recipe courtesy of www.avocado.co.za