– ½ tin whole peeled tomatoes
– 1.2 kg lamb knuckle bones
– 1½ mutton stock cubes
– 2 large finely chopped onions
– 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
– 3 peeled and quartered potatoes
– 5 ml ground coriander
– 5 ml ground cumin
– 5 ml ground cinnamon
– 5 ml ginger powder
– 5 ml black pepper
– 15 ml sugar
– 30 ml sunflower oil
– 50 ml medium curry powder
– Atlantic sea salt
- In a large pot saute the onions in the oil until they’re soft then add the garlic and ginger powder. Fry for three minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon, coriander and cumin to the pot then fry for a further two minutes, making sure to stir continuously. Add the lamb to the pot and brown them well.
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes and mix together well, then stir in the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the stock cube, 500 ml of water and the potatoes to the pot. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes start to fall apart and the water has reduced and thickened.
- Adjust the salt and sugar balance, if necessary.
Serving suggestion: serve the curry with rice or any other starch of your choice.