Knowing that winter is coming to an end and warmer weather is just around the corner can put a spring in your step. It’s time to get rid of the big bulky blankets, replace your fleece leggings with shorts, and start dreaming of warmer weekends outside.
“Long summer days and warm summer nights will soon become a reality, but before your days are filled with braais and lazing in the garden, it is time to get your home in order so that there are no distractions later,” explains Mario Correia, brand manager for home care brands, Personal Touch and Chemico. “It’s time to spring clean!”
Although we clean our homes during winter, there are some places that are often ignored and are in serious need of some TLC as the weather warms up. Mario suggests the following activities should be placed at the top of your spring-cleaning list:
- Wash the windows. During winter the air can become dry and dusty which can cause the windows to become dirty. Washing the windows will brighten up your rooms and bring in the warm summer sun.
- Wash all heavy winter blankets and linen. Before putting away your blankets and winter linen you need to give them a good wash. Personal Touch Washing Powder Sheets can handle any size load and provide an effective wash while getting your items ready for next winter. TIP: Placing a fabric softener refill (we like Personal Touch Soft Lily) with your packed away blankets creates a lovely aroma.
- Wash your pet’s bed. All of our family members need to feel ready for summer, and this is a good opportunity to wash all pet beds and remove any of the dust and dirt from their blankets and even their toys.
- Clean the braai. It’s springtime, and there is no time to waste starting up the braai. With Chemico’s Extreme Paste Cleen your braai will be clean and ready in no time. Even if the last time you used your braai was last summer, this powerful paste is ready to take on the hard work.
- Carpets and upholstery also need to be cleaned. These need to be deep cleaned at least twice a year, especially if you have pets. Get a professional in as they have the correct equipment when it comes to making sure that they are getting the clean they need.
“Although your home has been cleaned throughout winter, it’s a good idea to get into those places that you ignored during the colder months. Give your home the “get ready for summer” treatment, and nothing will get in your way while loving the warm sun.