Inclusive education training centre, Bellavista S.H.A.R.E., has announced an impressive line-up of international and local speakers for the 2022 online conference which is scheduled to take place from 11 May – 8 June. The theme for this year’s conference is “A Mind in the Making – the Gift of Cognitive Education Training” and is aimed at educating, empowering and inspiring teachers, parents, caregivers and health professionals working with children, in the area of cognitive education.
“Cognitive education has become a buzzword in the world of teaching, and for good reason. With the internet at our fingertips, our children need to learn how to become critical, independent thinkers who question and analyse things deeply, and who can use metacognitive tools and strategies in order to thrive into the future,” says Alison Scott, Executive Principal at Bellavista School (a private remedial school linked to Bellavista SHARE).
The speaker line-up includes:
- Dr Jeanne Zehr – How do I instil a growth mindset in my students?
- Professor Louis Falik – Addressing social and emotional learning through the application of mediated learning experience.
- Professor Katherine Greenberg – Personalising cognitive education: using a shared vocabulary to help learners turn their own stumbling blocks into stepping stones
- Dr Meir Ben Hur – Mathematics: a gatekeeper or a gateway for cognitive development?
- Dr WP Wahl – A systemic approach to establish an environment conducive to learning, development and success.
The conference is made up of weekly webinars, scheduled on Wednesday evenings from 19h30 – 20h30 and will be held from 11 May 2022, and ending on Wednesday 8 June 2022. Attendees can sign up for the full conference or individual webinars that may be of specific interest to them. Tickets cost R300 per webinar or R1500 for the full conference. Attendees qualify for 1 CPD point per webinar attended. To book, or for more information, visit https://bellavista.org.za/product-category/conference/