Our August equation. Comfort + glam = exactly what we’re after
For the school run or when you’re just popping out for your takeaway caffeine fix … grey fleece joggers (R350) teamed with your favourite oversized sweater and topped with the palest blush pink coat, (R899). Add sneakers and you’re good to go. All from Truworths, shop online at truworths.co.za
Fleece joggers and trainers for the school run. Casual luxe for an evening Zoom session with friends. Worldwide there’s chaos and uncertainty and lives have been turned upside down. So this month we want to snuggle down, be safe, stay warm. Does dowdy fit the brief? Not a chance. Here’s what we’ll be wearing during what’s often the coldest month of the year.
• We may be staying indoors, but do we still want to sparkle? Hell, yes! This black knit has just enough shimmer to keep us happy. Bonus … it qualifies for free delivery. R499 from woolworths.co.za
• Soft, luxurious and perfect to slip on over wide leg soft pants or a pair of leggings. This light grey longline cardie is a blend of merino and alpaca wool, so it’s super soft. R1999 from Trenery at Woolworths.
• Are they slip-ons? Are they slippers? Who cares … we’re wearing these Fuzzalicious from Ugg, with long sheepskin uppers, lining and insoles … toes as warm as toast. R1699 from superbalist.com
• You want glam and comfy? These wide leg pants fit the brief. High rise, elasticated waistline, soft Milano knit, they’re comfy enough to lounge around in at home, glam enough to wear going out. We’d rate them an essential buy. R1299 from woolworths.co.za
• A simple white trainer. Perfect. We love these Chelsea creeper plimsolls from Cotton On. R249 from superbalist.com
• You’re planning a go-nowhere-do-nothing Sunday. These cuffed track pants, with elasticated waistband, are perfect. And if, by chance, you’re suddenly inspired to go for a walk to work off lunch, they’re good for that too. Plus … it’s a two-for-one buy, so a great deal. R220 for two pairs, online from woolworths.co.za