There are many alternative ways to enjoy summer this year without limiting yourself to virtual experiences and hazmat suit apparel.
‘Summer is all about relaxing, enjoying yourself and spending time with those you care about the most, and that is exactly what you should be aiming for,’ says Alexa Wilding, senior brand manager for Everysun.
All it takes is a little imagination, the necessary precautions and summer is back on.
Alexa’s six tips on how to have a summer to remember while keeping safe:
- It’s time for a picnic. There are many COVID safe picnicking areas, and this is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with your favourite snacks, without being too close to other families in the area. Maintaining a safe distance is always a good idea, and a picnic is a perfect activity for this.
- Have a braai … but DON’T overdo the guest list. It is very easy to plan a braai and have the guest list get out of control. Be selective about who you are inviting, by making sure that they follow the same safety precautions as you do.
- Go for a run or a bike ride. Exercise hasn’t been cancelled, and whether it is with your family, friends or alone, to keep a positive mindset and a healthy body taking part in an outdoor exercise regime is the way to go.
- Outdoor farmer’s markets are safe activities for the summer holidays, but remember to keep your mask on, and always maintain a safe distance.
- Camp out in the backyard. If you are spending your summer at home that doesn’t mean you can’t experience the great outdoors. Set up a tent; make s’mores, roast marshmallows, tell ghost stories and stargazing. The best of camping, with your own bathroom nearby.
- Drive-in movies are making a comeback. So, pack the kids in the car, or have an overdue date night and watch a movie in the comfort of your car. If you have an SUV or hatchback, fill it with cushions and blankets and watch the movie in your makeshift lounge with the boot up.
Another safety precaution while enjoying all outdoor summer activities is sunscreen. Everysun’s range of sunscreen, including their new sensitive variant, is suitable for all ages, skin types and activities. It leaves no white residue, is non-greasy, contains Vita-Lock and promotes even tone skin. The Everysun Family Lotion is also available in a 400ml bottle, which will keep you protected for longer.