Save fuel with these helpful tips
According to recent reports, motorists must brace themselves for another hefty fuel hike at the end of the month.
With this bad news in mind, here are some tips to help you save petrol:
- Rather fill up your tank when it reaches the halfway mark instead of waiting for it to go all the way down to the last quarter.
- Have your car serviced regularly
- Don’t rev your car excessively.
- When possible, arrange carpools and split the driving responsibilities and petrol costs.
- Don’t speed.
- Try to keep the windows closed as wind resistance increases fuel consumption.
- When possible, avoid driving in heavy traffic.
- Don’t overload your car.
- Check your tyre pressure on a regular basis.