Easter is around the corner and if you are going on holiday or planning a road trip it’s important that your vehicle is firing on all cylinders.
So before you get behind the wheel and hit the road, here are some things that need to be checked first:
- Fluids (oil, break-fluid, water and coolant).
- Make sure there are no leaks.
- It is important that all lights (brakes, indicators, etc.) are working correctly.
- Ensure your wipers are working effectively.
- Check your windscreen is clean and not cracked.
- Wheels and tyres. It is important to check the tyre pressure, the tread and wheel alignment.
- Make sure you have a spare wheel and it is properly inflated. Also check you have the correct tools – jack and spanner – in case you need to pull over and change a tyre.
- Have your brakes checked.
- Ensure your vehicle registration is up to date.
Once your vehicle has been checked, here are some other important items you don’t want to leave behind:
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid vehicle registration
- Money for toll gates
- Cellphone charger
- Games to entertain the children
- First-aid kit