Fancy a weekend away … without the long drive? African Pride Irene Country Lodge is almost on your doorstep – a tranquil destination with a rustic farm feel, the ideal place to recharge. Here are five (excellent) reasons why you should visit.
Driving down the long and winding oak-lined lane leading up to African Pride Irene Country Lodge, you’ll feel like you’re being transported to another world. The scenery is so pretty and peaceful that you know you’ve left the city, and all the stress city-life brings, behind.
Here are our top five reasons why you have to visit:
1. It’s perfect for romance. The stylish, spacious and luxurious rooms each open onto a private patio or balcony … either with a gorgeous lakeside view or lush meadows from the Camdeboo Forest (giving you all the privacy you want).
2. The Meadow Green Restaurant. The fresh, crisp, elegant interior invites you to settle down and relax for a dining experience to remember. The à la carte menu caters for a casual lunch or a sophisticated dinner … and the food is really exceptional. The portions are generous, the food tasty and well-presented, the service discrete but attentive. It’s worth knowing that they are famous for serving one of the best breakfasts around, with everything on offer from home-baked pastries to fresh fruit.
3. Then there is the gorgeous lounge-style River Bar. Overlooking the lakeside with never-ending views and gorgeous sunsets that rival most paintings, there is a mixologist cocktail menu and lovely tapas style food.
4. It’s a great destination for an adventure-loving family. Have the kids with you and feel like exploring? Then head over to Irene Farm via the underground subway to learn more about the history and the workings of the farm and look for an abundance of farm-fresh delicacies at the shop. Go for a self-guided bird (and/ or tree) spotting walk or take a leisurely stroll (running or cycling are also allowed for the fitness fanatics) on the adventure bush trail. If doing as little as possible is on your to-do list, then enjoy an in-room movie, complete with popcorn, snacks and a milkshake. Relax with a marvellous picnic on their lush lawns under a huge oak tree, go for a craft beer, wine, gin or milkshake tasting or, the ultimate spoil … S’mores making at the fire pit (the kids will love you madly!).
5. The (swoon) Spa. The only thing that could make your stay even more relaxing would be paying a visit to the multi-award winning Camdeboo Day Spa. You can choose from an array of treatments and experiences designed to help you unwind and feel completely refreshed.
So … to say that this luxury upmarket hotel is nice would be an understatement, it’s magnificent! There is so much to do, see and experience, you return again and again.
Details: Nellmapius Drive, Irene, Pretoria, 012-667-6464 or irenecountrylodge.co.za