The popular Raise The Bra campaign for underprivileged women is back and now is the time to donate your previous loved bras.
Spearheaded by celebrity plastic surgeon Dr Deon Weyers, Raise The Bra is an annual initiative benefiting high school learners and older women around South Africa.
Every year the undergarments are collected at Dr Deon’s practice at Life Hospital, Fourways, and then distributed by the team from the ZABRA – AfreeBra initiative. ZABRA is an international volunteer network working with organizations looking after women in their care, who can benefit from receiving bras free of charge.
This year, Raise The Bra extended its collection points across a national network to help manage the generous support from women.
The hospitals with Raise The Bra collection points are:
• Cure Day Hospitals Fourways
• Cure Day Hospitals Midstream
• Cure Day Hospitals Wilgeheuwel
• Cure Day Hospitals Erasmuskloof
• Cure Day Hospital Medkin (PTA)
• Cure Day Hospital Paarl
• Cure Day Hospital Belville
• Cure Day Hospital Somerset West
• Cure Day Hospital Bloemfontein
• Cure Day Hospital East London
After the bras are dropped off, they are distributed to high schools in Soweto, Alexandra as well as other schools in Gauteng where the ZABRA – AfreeBra initiative receives requests from.