Your home should feel like a sanctuary, and the latest décor trend is all about creating a Nordic-inspired retreat and surrounding yourself with natural finishes. You can expect tactile surfaces, lighting with natural elements, and earthy, warm neutral tones, as the latest décor trend moves away from industrial metals and towards nature.
“Décor designs are now including materials that engage the senses. Earthy tones, neutrals and furnishings in wood will bring a touch of the outdoors into your home. These beautiful colour tones and materials are easily built on to create a stunning space and can be incorporated into almost any existing design aesthetics,” says Alon Sachs, co-founder of Mobelli Furniture + Living.
Retreat from the hustle and bustle
The Nordic Retreat trend will bring sofas in greys and soft tones, paired with classic wood credenzas with designer cupboard doors. Wicker features heavily, in a range of finishes, and lighting features rustic wood and stone finishes, with hand-blown glass, copper and gold elements. For an extra layer of luxury, add textured scatter cushions or woven rugs.
“As our screen time increases, this trend is a great way to create tactile, natural experiences in your home. The materials featuring prominently under this trend are great for everyday modern family,” says Sachs.
Turn over a new leaf
Simple updates can transform your space into a natural wonder, explains Sachs. He suggests the following tips for a natural look:
- Smaller pieces can change the feel of a room. Look to incorporate modern credenzas with tactile surfaces, scatter cushions, textured vases, woven rugs and natural textured pendant lights into your home.
- Bring in plants for a fresh look that gives life and natural colour to your living area
- Choose colours and textures to tie in with the rest of the space. This will create a sense of harmony throughout. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns, just be sure to repeat the patterns to create an even flow.
- To keep your décor from becoming cluttered, only choose pieces that you love and that would complement the items currently in your home.
- Wooden furniture looks beautiful and adds character to any room. To ensure you’ll have a statement piece that will stand the test of time, look for good quality wood and workmanships.