Parenting has many new challenges in the digital age because children now know how to download apps and can access the internet before they can form a sentence.
Tech can be very useful in emergencies and can be used as a tool in education but without boundaries, it cal lead to cyber bullying and even put a strain on real life relationships.
Here are a few tips to raise tech savvy children:
- Set limits and encourage playtime away from the screen.
- Screen time can also mean family time. It’s a good idea for parents to join in on the fun and play an online game with their children or watch videos together.
- Be a good role model by following your own rules.
- Teach children the value of face-to-face communication.
- Create tech-free zones in the house for example at the dinner table or the bedroom. This allows for more time away from the screen.