You are what you eat. We’re sure that your heart that a million times before but in this case, it’s true. Eating antioxidant-rich foods can boost your skin’s health and give you a healthy glow.
Add these to your diet for a natural glow:
1. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are more than just a healthy snack, they are among the most antioxidant-rich foods. Try it with your breakfast, as a smoothie, and even in your salad.
2. Oranges are packed with collagen-producing vitamin C and it keeps your skin hydrated.
3. Pomegranates are also a source of vitamin C, as well as other antioxidants that fight free radicals and promote healthy skin tone.
4. Watermelon is as tasty as it is yummy. They are about 92% water, which helps your skin stay hydrated.
5. Avocados contain the antioxidants vitamins A and E, which guard against UV rays and keep skin moisturised. It also contains glutathione, a powerful antioxidant, as well as NMN, a compound that may have anti-aging effects.
6. Kale is much more than just another smoothie ingredients, it’s also high in potassium, which keeps skin cells hydrated and firm. It also has antioxidant vitamin K, which helps with blood clotting.
7. Wild salmon is an excellent low-mercury source of omega-3 fats, which can keep skin moisturised, reduce inflammation, and may even guard against skin cancer.
8. Green tea contains antioxidants, vitamin B3, and a chemical (EGCG) that helps skin cells stay healthy.