We love our cats and dogs. They are adorable, cuddly and they’re always happy to see us. That’s why they deserve to be in tip-top shape and to get the necessary treatment if their health declines.
Here are 5 tips to keep an eye on your pet’s health:
- Every animal is different that’s why you have to pay attention to what’s normal for your pet to get to know them. Doing so will help you to quickly tell when something is wrong.
- Perform regular health checks at home at least once a month. Check their skin, ears, eyes, nails, paw pads, mouth, teeth and gums for anything unusual. If you find any lumps, scabs, redness, irritation, hair loss, discharge or other signs of trouble, be sure to visit your vet right away.
- Feed them the correct amount of high-quality pet food to make sure they get all the nutrients they need without eating too much.
- Spay or neuter your pets – it can save their lives. Aside from preventing unplanned pregnancies, spaying a female helps prevent breast cancer and infection of the uterus and stops her from going into heat. Neutering a male can curb aggressive behavior as well as prevent testicular cancer, prostate disease, and hernias.
- Give them lots of love. Tending to your pet’s emotional wellbeing is just as important as caring for their physical body. Nurturing your pet will make them happy and a happy pet is a healthy pet!