Valentine’s Day is usually all about pampering others but who’s to say that person can’t be you? You don’t need a special occasion to show yourself some love, however seeing as how it is the month of love, Valentine’s seems like a good day to start.
Su-Marie Annandale, Clere brand manager , says that self-love should always be a priority. Here’s her list of ways you can show yourself some love, while also keeping your skin radiant and glowing:
- Drink more water at least six to eight glasses of water a day will help to re-hydrate your skin. If you’re always on the go keep a bottle with you, or on your desk, if you’re office based.
- When you’re feeling stressed and just want to disappear from everyday life for a bit, why not spend 20 minutes soaking in a warm bath? The warm water will help soothe tense muscles, reduce headaches, and promote tranquility in your body. Add some essential oils for the added benefit of aromatherapy, the scents of both vanilla and jasmine can help calm nerves, revitalise body and mind and provide comfort. Listen to your favourite music, light some candles, and you’ve got your own at-home spa experience.
- Vitamin C is crucial to the formation and repair of collagen, and in times of stress or illness our need increases. Take a high-quality Vitamin C supplement and start your day with a freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Block out some time in your diary for a treat at the hairdresser. There’s really nothing better than having someone else wash your hair, give you a head massage, and style a fresh, new ‘do.’
- Work and stress are a recipe for constant exhaustion. Sleep is precious, and just feels that extra bit special when it’s during the day. Wear an eye mask, turn off your phone, and enjoy your much-needed shut eye.
- Do you have a certain restaurant you absolutely love or a meal you think about all the time? Go get it, or order it in. Pampering yourself doesn’t end with beauty, it involves spoiling yourself and indulging in general too. Forget about the calories and savour the moment.
- Relax by doing absolutely nothing, guilt free. Sometimes you just need to do nothing. Sit on the couch and watch hours of mindless reality TV shows, read a book, magazine or anything you don’t get to do enough of. No judgement. Forget your to-do list or what you should be doing and just relax.
- The best time to moisturise is after your bath or shower; your slightly dampish skin allows for better absorption and hydration. Especially formulated for normal to dry skin, Clere’s Berries & Cream lotion and crème is enriched with NutriMoist; a combination of tissue oil, pure glycerine, Vitamins E & A, natural moisturising factors and, will moisturise your skin for 48 hours.
Clere lotions and crèmes are available at all major retail outlets at a cost of R21.99 and R34.99.