We all know the cold weather can be harsh on your nails. But this doesn’t have to be the case.
We share a few easy tips on how you can keep your nails healthy and in tip-top shape all year round. Look out for the marvellous hand and nail hamper we’re giving away!
- The cold weather can make your nails dry and brittle so ensure that you keep your hands and nails well moisturized
- Take extra care of your cuticles by massaging them with cream or a cuticle oil daily, this helps stimulate nail growth and helps protect and strengthen your nails
- Put on gloves when washing dishes as excessive exposure to water can weaken your nail structure
- Use an Acetone-free nail polish remover as removers with acetone can cause nails to dry out
- Try and avoid filing too deep into the corners of your nails as this can weaken the nail
- Also file in one direction slowly, with a gentle nail file to reduce breakage
- Be gentle with your nails, avoid using them as picking and scraping tools
- Keep nails a little shorter in winter, less chance of breakage
- Keep your nails polished as this seals in moisture
- Use a nail hardener to help keep nails strong
- It is very difficult to avoid hand sanitisers right now so carry some hand cream or cuticle oil in your handbag and apply after being sprayed with a sanitiser
- Eat healthily, a balanced diet keeps your nails healthy and promotes growth
A little extra TLC will take your nails a long way, and we suggest you invest in Mavala’s range of nail care products and nail polishes to take care of your hands and nails this winter.
THE RANGE CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
Mavala Cuticle Oil and Mavala Cuticle Cream. It softens the skin around the nail enabling it to be detached from the nail plate and to be rolled gently back. Provides a well-groomed contour to the nails. The oil is available in 10ml for R215 and the cream in 5ml for R215.
Mavala Mavapen, soften and smooth cuticles. It consists of sunflower oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil and wheat germ oil and is rich in vitamins A, E and F. This pen allows to gently push back and loosen overgrown cuticles from the nail surface. 4.5ml, R269.
Mavala Scientifique K+ Nail Hardener. The tip of the nail is the most fragile, most unprotected part of the nail and breaks easily. This is, therefore, the part of the nail that needs to be strengthened. By quickly hardening the nail, the Scientifique allows soft, flaking or splitting nails to become healthy and strong. Its formula hardens the nail plate and restores the nail normal growth. 5ml, R319.
Mavala Nailactan is a cream for damaged, dry, brittle, fragile nails, composed of essential amino acids, lipids and kerato-balancing and fortifying vitamins. Its nourishing and moisturizing action restores flexibility to the nail plate, improves its general condition and makes nails more resistant to splitting. 15ml, R405.
Mavala Mava-Flex Serum for Dry Hard Nails is a well-balanced concentrate based on urea, saccharides and hyaluronic acid, calcium, lemon essential oil and vitamin B5. It targets and maintains good moisture balance, to restore and maintain its flexibility to the nail plate. It also helps reinforce the structure of nails, which are brittle or altered by drying products or external factors. 10ml, R305.
Mavala Nail Shield forms strong physical protection to protect nails from daily tasks and other damaging elements. Then, being protected from breaking, flaking and impacts and with combined treatment (such as the Scientifique and on Nailactan) the nail can then correctly regenerate and strengthen itself. 2x10ml, R359.
Mavala Crystal Nail Polish Remover is not only environmentally friendly but acetone-free, removes nail polish without drying nails and skin and is suitable for all skin types of nails, even fragile, delicate or dry nails. It is also colourless, odourless and non-flammable. 100ml, R128.
Mavala Nail Polishes are available in a large range of colours. It has been designed to minimise solvent evaporation and drying out. Because of its small size, you can use the whole content with no waste! 5ml, R105 each.
Details: Shop online at Mavala.