Clear the clutter while still keeping your inspiration at hand with this practical magazine holder.
Hoarder or not, throwing away magazines once read is always a struggle. Parting with mini-libraries filled with inspiration for everything from what to cook to how to sort out life’s little niggles just seems foolish. Having a tasteful magazine holder that takes up little space is the ideal solution to keep the abundance of information at arm’s length.
You will need
• 2 rectangular pine shelving planks, 310mm x 655mm
• Sanding block
• Gel wood stain or paint in your choice of colour.
- Cut the wood to size. The planks can be bought and cut at BUCO. A groove needs to be cut in the centre of both sheets that is as wide as the plank, so that the two pieces can slide into each other to form an X shape.
- Sand the edges with the sanding block to ensure it is smooth.
- If you are staining the wood, take a wet cloth and apply a few drops of the gel stain. Wipe onto the pine planks. For a darker stain, wait for the wood to dry then add another layer.
- If you are painting the wood, apply the paint and allow to dry.
- Slot the two planks into each other and start organising your favourite magazines.
Get in touch
BUCO has collaborated with Get It to feature a creative project each month.
Visit Celia Swart in BUCO’s decor section if you require any assistance or advice
on your projects.
Text: Lindi Botha. Photographer: Matthys Ferreira