- 2 tbsp. Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1 cup bourbon-soaked chopped pecans
- 450g confectioners’ sugar + 2 cups extra
- 115g unsalted butter
- 250ml unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 tbsp. grated paraffin cooking wax
- Whole pecans for topping each bourbon ball
- DO AHEAD: Place pecans in a jar – add Maker’s Mark to cover 1 inch over pecans. Approx. 1-1/2 cups. Cover tightly with lid and let stand 7–10 days for pecans to absorb bourbon flavour.
- Drain bourbon-soaked pecans thoroughly and set aside. Discard the whisky. It will be bitter and unusable now.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter by using an electric mixer.
- Add 1 pound sugar and Maker’s Mark Bourbon alternately to the butter until blended.
- Gently stir in pecans.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the mixture to stiffen.
- Place 2 cups sugar in a small bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator. Scoop tablespoon-sized portions from mixture. Drop into sugar and then roll 1-inch ball. Place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate and paraffin cooking wax in a small double boiler or use a coffee mug in a pan of boiling water. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a long toothpick, dip each ball into the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Immediately top with a whole pecan and allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature. Store in refrigerator covered for up to 2 weeks.
YIELD: 48 BOURBON BALLS
Facebook: @makersmark| Twitter @MakersMark | Instagram @makersmark.