The Italian Alfredo is a firm favourite of South Africans. We hope you enjoy serving our version as a lunch or dinner meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 500 ml water
1 stock cube
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 500g Pasta Joy pasta, uncooked, we used Penne.
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- parsley, optional, for garnish
- In a pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken.
- Add garlic, and sauté for about a minute.
- Add stock, cream, and Pasta Joy pasta, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15-20 min.
- Turn off heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Top with parsley if desired.
- Serves 4 as a main meal.