Here’s how to clean the braai in five minutes or less:
- It’s best to clean the braai grill just after preheating it. This way the grease and food scrapes off easily.
- Rub half a cut onion (on the end of a fork), onto a hot grill. This will remove all of the grit on the grill that may be left over.
- If you prefer to clean your grill with soapy water after cooking, rinse and dry immediately and rub vegetable oil across the grill. This will prevent it from going rusty.
- As tempting as it may be to cool the coals down on a charcoal grill, throwing cold water over the coals after cooking can create a bit of a mess!
- And for something that takes a little longer… Make a soft paste with baking soda and water. Cover the grill in the paste with a wire brush and let it dry for 15 minutes. After, wipe it with a dry cloth and place the grill over the hot coals for 15 minutes to burn off any remains before cooking the food.