Bake time: 50 minutes
Oven Temperature: 190°
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 340ml Castle Lager
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup bacon (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the flour, sugar and beer until it is combined.
- Then, gently stir in the cheese, bacon, garlic powder and parsley.
- Pour the resulting batter into a greased loaf tin.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the batter.
- Cook for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a skewer inserted into bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least five minutes before serving.