- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste (about 80g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g white button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g pack baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Fresh lime wedges, to serve
- Wild rice, to serve
Heat a drizzle of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Cook the onion and curry paste until the onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Stir in baby spinach and taste for seasoning.
Scatter with fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges and wild rice.