Let’s raise a glass to Global Champagne Day which is celebrated today. “In a perfect world, everyone would have a glass of champagne every evening.” – author unknown
Here are some very bubbly-fun facts about champagne.
- Champagne is actually a type of wine.
- Don Perignon is the original creator of champagne
- Champagne is named after a region in France called Champagne.
- They say Marilyn Monroe took a bath in champagne using 350 bottles of champagne.
- Approximately 28 000 bottles of champagne are served at Wimbledon each year.
- In 19th century England, high society men thought that the best way to polishing their shoes was with champagne – we would not waste champagne like that…..
- Cheers to James Bond, who has been covering drinking champagne more than 35 times in his films.
- In a 750ml bottle of champagne, there are 14 million bubbles.
- Champagne emits 30 bubbles each second.
- Champagne has three times more gas than a beer.
- The ideal temperature to serve champagne is between 8°Celcius to 9°Celcius.
- One of the most lavish bottles of champagne costs $2.07 million dollars.
- Champagne will stay bubblier in a flute glass as compared to a coupe glass.
- France has the world’s strictest wine laws.
- Champagne is made of Chardonnay (98%), Pinot Noir and Pinot Menier Grapes.
- A popping champagne cork can reach up to 64km/hour speed.
- The longest distance traveled by a cork is 54 meters.
- The oldest bottle of Champagne was found in the Baltic Sea.
For more fun facts visit: