It’s finally time to pack away those jerseys and start planning for better weather! With a new season on the way, now’s also the perfect time to spring clean your food and drink routine.
Try these super-easy meal and drink ideas to help you keep up with your personal goals.
A creative spin on breakfast
Spring means more time to enjoy the outdoors, go for a run before work, or hang out with friends and family over the weekends. With more on the go, you might find yourself with less time to prep meals.
Instead of sacrificing your personal goals, make a batch of this high-protein granola ahead of time. That way, it couldn’t be easier to whip up a delicious spring breakfast – just add to yoghurt and your favourite seasonal fruit.
Grain-free banana nut granola
- 3 scoops Herbalife Formula 3 Personalised Protein Powder
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw or roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil such as sunflower or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 very ripe medium-sized banana
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray).
- In a large bowl, mix together the protein powder, coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, walnuts, flax seeds, peanuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the egg white, oil, agave syrup, and banana. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet, breaking it up into clumps with your fingers, and spreading the clumps evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes, tossing the mixture with a spatula after about 15 minutes, until the granola is golden brown. Keep an eye on the granola during the last few minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet (the granola will continue to dry out while it cools). When cool, store in an airtight container.
A tasty way to stay hydrated
As the weather gets warmer, staying hydrated is key. Instead of reaching for a sugar-loaded fruit juice or fizzy drink, try this fruity peach ice-tea sparkler as a special treat.
Peach ice-tea sparkler
- ½ tsp Herbalife Instant Herbal Beverage with Tea Extracts – Peach Flavoured
- 1 cup sparkling water
- ½ passionfruit
- 5 raspberries
- A few fresh mint leaves
- 1 strawberry
- Combine tea extract, sparkling water, passion fruit, and raspberries.
- Pour over ice in a tall glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint and strawberry.
Whether you’re relaxing poolside or need something to help you beat the afternoon slump, it’s a good idea to have some tasty snacks up your sleeve for when you’re feeling a little peckish and you don’t want to compromise your goals
Try Protein Chips – with 50% less fat than fried potato chips and 11.8 g protein, they’re a great choice for snacking in between meals. If you have a sweet tooth and love chocolate, keep some dark chocolate flavoured Formula 1 Express Bars on hand. They are not only a source of protein and fibre, but they also contain 25 vitamins and minerals.
Or why not whip up a protein berry shake?
Super spring milkshake
- 250 ml milk or plant-based beverage, such as oat milk
- 1 serving Herbalife Formula 1 Shake Mix – Summer Berries Flavoured
- 1 scoop Herbalife Collagen Complex Drink Mix – Strawberry and Lemon Flavoured
- 60 g fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 100 g ice cubes
- Edible flowers
- Place all the liquid, ice cubes, frozen fruits, shake mix and the collagen skin booster supplement in a blender and liquidise until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass, and top with edible flowers for a real spring experience.
Just because it’s spring and your social calendar is filling up, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the chance to try something new at home too. Plan your meals ahead of time to make more conscious food choices, surprise your tastebuds with something new and delicious, and don’t forget to pack snacks – you’ll need them to keep you going while you’re out enjoying everything spring has to offer.
For more information about Herbalife Nutrition’s many different products, visit the website at herbalife.co.za.