Living on antihistamines, decongestants, and corticosteroids to prevent the constant sneezing, runny nose and itchy eyes might give you short-term relief, but it isn’t a long-term solution.
Yes, you can take some precautionary steps such as
- Monitoring high pollen count days;
- Extra house-cleaning to get rid of pollen that may be blowing in through open windows and doors;
- Showering and changing clothes as soon as you come in from the outdoors.
However, these will only do so much to prevent those pesky allergies. So why not try a more natural route, that won’t leave you feeling drowsy and may just keep those allergies at bay … welcome to the world of aromatherapy. Here are five reasons why we aromatherapy route may just be the answer to your allergies:
- Child safe: When it comes to managing the symptoms of seasonal allergies, aromatherapy offers a natural path for the whole family because they can be used by children.
- Age old therapy: For centuries, the aromatic compounds from plants such as eucalyptus, tea tree and peppermint have been used to alleviate the symptoms of upper respiratory conditions.
- No side effects: Apart from how effective they are at bringing relief, aromatherapy solutions have the advantage of being non-drowsy.
- Prevent rebound congestion: Overuse of a conventional nasal decongestant may lead to rebound congestion or allergic rhinitis, which can have long-term consequences.
- Various options: Enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy in the form that works best for you:
- Slip the roll-on in your bag or pocket and when you need it, apply it quickly to the sides of your nose and temples for quick relief from feeling congested and stuffy.
- The inhaler is also great to keep with you during a busy day.
- Once you are home, the burner oil in a diffuser or a massage before bed are pleasant and relaxing ways to reap the benefits of the healing plant compounds and improve the quality of your sleep.
For more information on aromatic therapy, visit The Aromatic Aromatherapy.