If you have a tight schedule or run a busy household, then you would definitely appreciate these yoghurt berry granola bars as on-the-go fuel for the day.
Yoghurt berry granola bars
100 ml full-cream plain yoghurt
2 cups oats, uncooked
½ cup berries, fresh and mashed
½ cup honey
½ cup (125 ml) Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix the ingredients for the granola bars, yoghurt, oats, berries and honey.
- Line a 25×30 cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Pour the granola bar mixture into the lined baking tray and press it down with a wooden spoon till it is flat and even.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min or until golden brown.
- Once baked and golden in colour remove from the oven and leave the mixture to cool down.
- Cut into equal bars and drizzle with the yogurt icing.
This recipe is supplied by Rediscover Dairy, an initiative of the consumer education project of Milk SA