There is no better time than the present to get your soup game face on. For those long winter nights and lazy weekends at home, add a bit of warmth with these hearty soups, with Rhodes Quality ingredients as the star of the show.
Rhodes Quality Vegetarian Winter Soup
Hearty and delicious. Recipe doubles up easily to feed a crowd.
Ingredients (Serves 6 – 8)
- x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2 carrots, chopped into small dice
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 200g peeled butternut, cubed
- 1 lt. (4 cups) prepared chicken stock
- 1 50 g packet brown onion soup mix
To serve: fresh bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots, leek, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often over a high heat until the vegetables start to soften without browning.
- Add the butternut and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the prepared chicken stock and the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Mix the soup powder with a 500 ml (2 cups) of water and then stir into the soup.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix and heat through.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.
Rhodes Quality Tomato & Ravioli Soup
Smooth and delicious tomato soup with pasta pockets.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 115 g can or cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 15 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 500 ml (2cup) prepared chicken stock
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- 2 x 200 g prepared ravioli (or other pasta)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the vegetables and fry until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes and Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the boil.
- Stir in the ravioli and boil for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve hot.
Chicken & Rhodes Quality Corn Noodle Soup
This flu-fighting chicken soup recipe, is wonderfully economical and simple enough to prepare.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained and rinsed
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 lt. (4 C) chicken stock
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 150 g egg noodles (or similar thin pasta)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and fry for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot. Bring the broth to the boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until the noodles are cooked through.
- Add the chicken and the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn. Heat through.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Follow @rhodesquality for more tips and recipes or visit: www.rhodesquality.com