We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but we’re often in too much of a rush to enjoy the moment. Why not slice up some mango the night before, store in the refrigerator and they’ll be ready and waiting in the morning to add to your muesli, oats, smoothie or French toast.
If you’re feeling creative, treat yourself to mango and chia seed breakfast pots. Great news is you can pre-prepare them the night before so there’s minimal preparation to be done in the morning. They’re also ideal to take to the office, just make them in a mason jar with a lid.
Mango & Chia Seed Breakfast Pots
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Setting Time: 6 – 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- ⅓ cup (90g) natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Combine the oats and chia seeds in a bowl. Add milk and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Whizz one of the mangoes in a food processor until smooth, and divide between the two bowls, divide the chia and oat mixture between 2 bowls.
- To serve top each with yoghurt, the diced mango and coconut flakes.
* Recipe courtesy of South African Mango Growers’ Association