We all love a fine dining experience, but with so many options, it can be a tad tricky to pick out your next dining spot.
Your best local restaurant as well as those to watch out for when travelling was recently announced at the prestigious 4th annual Luxe Restaurant Awards. Let’s just say, we’re majorly impressed!
The winners were chosen by a team of anonymous food critics as well as by a popular public digital vote. The panel of judges was convened by Chad Fourie, Chief Judge of the Luxe Restaurant Awards and Managing Director of The Hospitality Counsel.
Twenty-five winners were announced from a wide and inclusive set of categories that ranged from the Culinary Icon of the Year to the Street Food Experience of the Year, with the winner of the prestigious Chef of the Year being awarded an exclusive BMW experience.
The 2022 Luxe Restaurant Awards category winners are:
- Restaurant of the Year: La Colombe
- Chef of the Year: Wandile Mabaso
- New Restaurant of the Year: Pier
- Style Award: Zioux
- Culinary Icon Award: Siba Mtongana
- Culinary Media Personality of the Year: Cooking with Zanele
- Culinary Innovation Award: Candice Philip
- Culinary Rising Star Award: Besele Moloi
- Sustainability Award: The Test Kitchen Fledgelings
- Service Excellence Award: Basalt
- Pioneer Award: Luke Dale Roberts
- Cookbook of the Year: Hosting with The Lazy Makoti
- African Restaurant of the Year: Emazulwini
- Bistro of the Year: Embarc
- Burger Joint of the Year: BGR
- Café of the Year: Le Parc by Tashas
- Coffee Shop of the Year: Truth Café
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: La Petite Colombe
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year: Aurum
- International Restaurant of the Year: Ethos
- Lifestyle Restaurant of the Year: Tang
- Pop Up Experience of the Year: Katlego Mlambo at The Marabi Club
- Steakhouse of the Year: The Blockman
- Street Food Experience of the Year: How Bao Now
25.Wine Service Award: Michelle Moller – La Colombe
But be sure to book well in advance, they’ve won for really good reasons and are often fully booked!