Not only is this the best tasting carrot cake we’ve tasted, but it’s also straightforward. We visited Marisca Kruger and she said can make this carrot cake quickly and easily without lots of fancy equipment. Marisca has been in the hospitality industry for years.
For the cake you will need:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 and a half cups of self-rising flour or 2 and a half cups of flour and 2 and a half tsp baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups grated carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the eggs and sugar until it is creamy. Add the oil and mix.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold it into the egg mixture.
- Add the carrots and mix is lightly.
- Pour the batter into two pans of 24cm and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down.
To decorate the cake you will need:
- 100ml soft butter.
- 700ml icing sugar.
- 200ml smooth cottage cheese.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence.
- ½ cup of chopped nuts.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar. Add the cottage cheese and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Spread it between the two layers of cake and on top.
- Sprinkle the nuts on.