We do hope you will enjoy this tasty meal that can be served on its own, or with a salad.
MARINARA SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF AND PEAS
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger and garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tin whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 500g Pasta Joy Spaghetti or Linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
This is how to make it
Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
Drizzle pan with olive oil and braise onion and whole garlic till translucent in colour. Add mince, ginger and garlic, salt and chilli powder and braise till cooked. Add tomatoes, brown sugar, salt and pepper, dried oregano and simmer till tomato is cooked. Add butter.
Lastly, add peas and allow to soften. Swirl pasta through sauce until fully coated and top with basil and optional Parmesan shavings.