A delectable, spicy, Mexican-inspired no-carb lasagne that is perfect for a cosy dinner night in with the family.
You’ll need: 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Mexican Style; 15 ml oil; 1 onion, finely chopped; 1 garlic clove, crushed; 500g lean beef mince; salt and freshly cracked black pepper; 400g baby marrows, washed and thinly sliced lengthways; 250g plain cream cheese; 2 eggs; ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese; ½ cup grated cheddar cheese; 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add the onion and fry until softened. Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality Tomatoes, Mexican Style and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes and season to taste.
- In a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, layer up the mince alternatively with the baby marrow slices, ending with a layer of mince.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and the eggs until smooth and season to taste. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the mince.
- Mix the cheeses and sprinkle over the cream cheese then sprinkle over the red pepper.
- Bake the lasagne in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden and set. Serve hot.