Today’s World Cognac Day … and we’re finding our perfect match
Cognac, lauded for its taste and traditions, hails from designated grape growing regions in Cognac, France. It’s a drink with no rules … enjoy it neat, on the rocks, in a cocktail or with a mixer like tonic. Don’t be nervous … it needs no special glass. And to celebrate World Cognac Day, we spoke to the stylish folk at Hennessy, who shared with us seven unexpected ways to enjoy it.
- Dark chocolate: Try pairing your cognac, especially with the fruitier notes of a V.S.O.P or X.O, with dark chocolate. Add Hennessy to your chocolate fondant or a cup of hot chocolate
- Beef fillet with creamy mushroom sauce: Hennessy pairs perfectly with buttery mushroom sauce
- Ginger: The spice of the ginger ale brings out the natural spice of Hennessy V.S
- Coffee: Coffee and cognac go together beautifully, add a twist by pouring equal measures over ice cream for an Affogato
- Citrus: A burnt citrus dessert gives off the ideal citrus notes, perfect for pairing
- Duck: The dark, rich, and fatty notes of duck, particularly Asian spiced duck, will be heightened by Hennessy V.S.O.P. The sweet and sour profile is rounded out by the maturity of a well-aged cognac
- Honey Glazed Pork belly and Hennessy VSOP will make a Sunday roast something special
Enjoy … but remember to please drink responsibly.