1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1/4 cup Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 large eggs
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan, line with parchment paper or foil and butter the parchment.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and bourbon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts. Stir in the cocoa powder until smooth. Remove from the heat and immediately add 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar until well-combined. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake until the top is glossy and a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Lift out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into 12 bars.