Summer is here, so why not add some zest to your weekend by getting everyone out of bed with a yummy, but simple breakfast of Gluten Free Flapjacks with Lean Diced Bacon and Honey Fried Bananas courtesy of Eskort.
Gluten Free Flapjacks with Lean Diced Bacon and Honey Fried Bananas
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 10min
Total Time: 20min
- 400g Eskort Lean Diced Bacon
- 4 bananas cut in halves, keep the peels on
- ¼ C honey
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 C yoghurt
- 1 C coconut flour
- 1 t xanthan gum
- 2 t baking powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 1 C coconut yogurt
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ t salt
- ¼ C coconut oil for cooking
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and add the coconut oil and honey.
- Fry the banana halves in the honey until caramelized.
- Separate the eggs.
- Combine ½ C coconut sugar and the egg yolks with the vanilla essence in a large bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Combine the coconut flour with the xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Fold in the coconut flour and yogurt.
- In a separate bowl whip, the egg whites with the salt until stiff peak stage.
- Slowly add the remaining coconut sugar and whip until its silky like meringue.
- Fold the meringue into the main mixture and scoop it into a greased pan and fry the flapjacks for 3 min on each side.
Serve the flapjacks with the crispy bacon and the caramelised bananas and the yogurt.