Yes, you can just pop a bottle of wine into a gift bag and call it a day…or you can wow the lucky recipient with a beautifully wrapped bottle that will make Martha Stewart proud. Let’s do it!
The materials: You’ll need wrapping paper, a bottle of fine wine, scissors, clear tape, a ribbon or bow for decoration and a sprig of your favourite greenery.
- Lay the bottle on the wrapping paper and roll it until the paper overlaps itself. Cut the paper, leaving an inch or two of excess on one end.
- Place the bottle on the cut paper and roll it, ensuring the paper overlaps nicely. Secure the seam with clear tape.
- Twist the excess paper at the top, like a candy wrapper, and secure it with tape.
- Tie a ribbon or bow around the bottle’s neck for a festive look. Pop a sprig of lavender, rosemary or any of your favourite greenery behind the ribbon.
- Make sure the wrapping is secure and looks neat. Adjust the ribbon and any creases for a polished appearance.
Not sure which wine to choose? We love the limited edition packaging options in the Roberston Winery range.