Chicken Florentine Pesto Pasta
Florentine is a fancy name for foods served with spinach. Take your pesto pasta a notch by adding spinach and grilled chicken as a side, you’ll be easily transported to an Italian countryside cafe!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or chilli oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 250g Pasta Joy linguine pasta
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until done, roughly 8 minutes. Pasta must be al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium low heat. Add pesto, onion, spinach and salt and pepper. Cook about five minutes, or until onions are soft. Swirl in cream and bring to a slight boil.
- Add pasta into the pot and swirl around in pesto sauce until coated. Adjust seasoning and stir in grated cheese. Serve alongside grilled chicken breasts.
Do enjoy this delicious recipe.
About International Food Group
International Food Group is a Pietermaritzburg-based, family-owned business. The company is an importer of various FMCG brands that are distributed throughout Southern Africa. The company has been in business for over four years and has earned the confidence of major retailers. All products are manufactured according to global standards, under license of International Food Group (Pty) Ltd. The company is a proprietor and distributor of high-growth FMCG brands, with the flagship brand being Pasta Joy. The company also provides private label management for major retailers.
Brands include: Pasta Joy, Joy Instant Noodles, WOW! Peanut butter and Early Morning Oats
For more information kindly contact Mohammed Essack of International Food Group.
Tel: +27 (33) 332 0973
Mobile: + 27 (83) 786 1091
Email: [email protected]